Unix Command Buffer

Unix Command Buffer

sherman

Oct 20, 2006#1

I have just downloaded the new version of Ultraedit and trying to get familiar with the telnet capability.

I am trying to discover how to call up commands stored in the command buffer of my AIX session.

I have run set -o vi just as I would in a Reflection telnet session and when I type in the 'ESC' k key combination it just inserts a 'k' on the command line. I am not able to replay any previous commands.

NewbieNewbie

Jul 11, 2007#2

I am having the same problem. I also find that vi doesn't handle cursor keys properly. I get the impression that the telnet/ssh handling of non-printing and/or escape sequence is broken.

It looks like the emulator is very much WIP.

NewbieNewbie

Dec 07, 2009#3

I am wondering if any progress has been made on this issue in the intervening time. I am having the same problem and would love to have a solution.

NewbieNewbie

Mar 02, 2010#4

Ditto - this severely limits my desire to use the ssh functionality of UE. I won't recommend it as a viable substitute for PuTTY unless this can be addressed. What is the proper channel to submit this as a functionality request?

Grand MasterGrand Master

Mar 06, 2010#5

statzro wrote:What is the proper channel to submit this as a functionality request?
            An email to IDM support initiated with clicking on email us directly at top of this page.
            Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria