Wordfile: MSL - mIRC Scripting Language

Wordfile: MSL - mIRC Scripting Language

NewbieNewbie

Apr 08, 2010#1

I saw that MSL was missing on the wordfiles page, so here you go :) ...
    Here you have a MSL wordfile for UEStudio or UltraEdit.

Source: mIRC v6.35 help file

Apr 11, 2010#2

First of all: Thanks to Mofi for his excellent support!! (Supporting posts already deleted.)
      This is something unique in Internet, that I get in a forum such a detailed and helpful answer. Many thanks for that, Mofi! *thumbs up* :)
      Mofi wrote:I can help you also with your last problem. CHM files (Compiled HTML) are archives compressed with LZX containing HTML files (and images, scripts, CSS and other files) displayed with Internet Explorer when viewing the pages of such a help file. The content and index tab are 2 special files in that archive. There is one help file name.hhc (content) and help file name.hhk (keywords index) inside every CHM file. You can unpack (decompile) a CHM file for example with the free tools HTML Help Workshop and Documentation from Microsoft or chmdeco. (I have both for various reasons.)
      Ahhh, I used some other (crappy) Decompiler, and I only got a bunch of useless index files. Good to know, what to use next time.
      Mofi wrote:But usually I use Total Commander with the packer plugin CHMDir which lets me open CHM files like ZIP or RAR archives with Total Commander. I extracted mirc.hhc and mirc.hhk from mirc.chm and used my macro Convert hhk/hhc included in Mofis Macro Examples to convert both files to HTML.
      Nope, I use "Directory Opus" instead, also a good and mighty Explorer. Nevertheless, it would be nice if you could upload that file. 8) Thanks also for this "How-To". Now I know, how to do that in future :).
      Mofi wrote:Please run my 3 syntax tools macros again after finishing updating the wordfile.
      Done, all tests successful. So if no one finds an error in the updated wordfile, I could send it directly to IDM, if you like guys :).

Many thanks again to Mofi, great support!!

Kind regards
      $me

Grüße aus Deutschland (Bayern) nach Wien :wink:

Grand MasterGrand Master

Apr 11, 2010#3

The wordfile looks very good now. =$nick is not needed in color group 3. $nick is also in this color group and the equal sign is a delimiter character. The first character of a word can be a delimiter character, but here you have more or less $nick twice in the same color group.

I have one further suggestion for an improvement. The 2 function strings can be combined to a single one making the function string search faster:

/Function String = "%[^t ]++alias[^t ]+^([a-z0-9_&]+[~{^p]+^)^{{^}^{^p*{^}"

Last please run on a copy of your wordfile my macro "SettingsDelAll" from SyntaxTools.mac before sending it by email to IDM. Public wordfiles should be always without color and font style settings.
        Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Apr 11, 2010#4

Mofi wrote:The wordfile looks very good now. =$nick is not needed in color group 3. $nick is also in this color group and the equal sign is a delimiter character. The first character of a word can be a delimiter character, but here you have more or less $nick twice in the same color group.
          Ah, thanks for that hint. Removed that entry.
          Mofi wrote:I have one further suggestion for an improvement. The 2 function strings can be combined to a single one making the function string search faster:
          Thanks! Added! 8)
          Mofi wrote:Last please run on a copy of your wordfile my macro "SettingsDelAll" from SyntaxTools.mac before uploading the wordfile to the forum or sending it by email to IDM. Public wordfiles should be always without color and font style settings.
          Done!
          I was just a little bit confused, because the other wordfiles, which come officially with UEStudio/UltraEdit also contain color codes?!

Thanks again Mofi 8) Without your support I wouldn't be able to make this wordfile :).

Regards

Grand MasterGrand Master

Apr 12, 2010#5

NoOne wrote:I was just a little bit confused, because the other wordfiles, which come officially with UEStudio/UltraEdit also contain color codes?!
            The wordfiles installed by the MSI installer into UltraEdit program directory\wordfiles are without color settings, if the IDM developers have not added a wordfile by mistake with color settings. UltraEdit copies that subdirectory on first start to %appdata%\IDMComp\UltraEdit. After closing UltraEdit, those wordfiles have the default color settings, except the user has set the colors already during first use of UltraEdit.
            Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Apr 13, 2010#6

Ah, ok. I looked only at the %appdata%\IDMComp\UltraEdit directory. Thanks for info.

regards

NewbieNewbie

May 31, 2010#7

Replace the function string with this...

Code: Select all

/Regexp Type = Perl
                /Function String = "^ALIAS(?: -l)? ([^[:space:]]+)"
                Tell me if that works better...