How to config UE as PHP editor?

How to config UE as PHP editor?

NewbieNewbie

Jul 11, 2010#1

Hi.

Embarrassed to say I'm having trouble configuring UE 16 as a PHP editor.

Is there a guide posted somewhere? What steps are required?

[ I already have WAMP Server installed. Working fine. ]

I have also selected the 'Web Developer' environment.

I have been looking for 90 minutes.

PHP 5.2 and 5.3

This link talks about UEStudio: https://www.ultraedit.com/support/tutor ... nment.html

Do I need UEStudio?

:oops:

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jul 17, 2010#2

Well, it looks like you have all done you can do quickly to edit PHP files with UltraEdit, one of the most powerful text editors on the world. The IDE (Integrated Development Environment) UEStudio is the big brother of UltraEdit and has more features for working with PHP projects because of its debugging support using WAMP server and Xdebug, IntelliSense features like function tips and the class viewer/browser.

For UltraEdit you have the web developer environment, the wordfiles needed for syntax highlighting PHP files with other languages like HTML, JavaScript, CSS, etc. inside and the tag list view with the HTML tags and entities. You can further use in UE/UES an auto-completion file for PHP, the user-submitted tag and autocomplete files page contains an auto-completion file for PHP4. You can also define/develop and use your own templates, tags, scripts and macros to make developing in PHP more efficient in future. You can make use of PHP.search website from within UltraEdit using the PHP symbol on the search toolbar, or you find somewhere a PHP5 help as CHM file which you can add to UltraEdit for quickly getting help on PHP5 functions offline from within UltraEdit.

Definitely not part of UE/UES setup for creating/editing PHP files is from where to download, install and configure all the applications needed to use PHP files offline, although UEStudio helps the PHP user with that part of the setup also a little bit. These applications have their own manuals and forums.