Hide hidden directories / files on File Tree View

Hide hidden directories / files on File Tree View

Nov 11, 2009#1

On the file listings how can I hide .xxxx ( hidden ) files and directories?

Advanced UserAdvanced User

Dec 15, 2009#2

If you are referring to the file tree view, you can open the context menu by right-clicking on a folder and choose "Set Filter". Otherwise, I'm not sure what you mean?

NewbieNewbie

Jan 04, 2010#3

I am testing the UEX version on a project I have been working on with the Windows version.

In the windows version the hidden files/directories don't appear in the project tree so I don't see my .git directories.

Its an inconsistency between the two versions and its very annoying. Its very big project with a lot of sub directories so even one extra item per directory adds a lot of extra clutter to the tree view which wasn't there before.

NewbieNewbie

Oct 05, 2010#4

I don't see any option in the File Tree view of UltraEdit for Windows to hide files and folders with hidden attribute set. Please help. How do I hide my hidden folders/subdirectories or files from the File Tree view?

Thanks

Grand MasterGrand Master

Oct 06, 2010#5

As far as I know there is no option to hide on Explorer tab of the File Tree View all folders and files with hidden attribute set in UE for Windows (using currently v16.20.0.1011). There is only the Filter to limit the files listings which of course does not hide directories.
            Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Oct 06, 2010#6

In UEX you can hide dot files. In the 'File View' - 'Project' tab you may hide them by right clicking on the directory name where you want to hide the files. In the 'File View' - 'Places' tab you may do the same.