Switching focus between SSH / Telnet window and edit windows by key

Switching focus between SSH / Telnet window and edit windows by key

NewbieNewbie

Aug 07, 2007#1

Is there a way to switch between the SSH/Telnet console window and the regular edit windows by hotkey?

I've managed to put the SSH/Telnet console on the pop-up menu, which is ok, and when both the console and regular edit windows are full screen, works pretty good....but....I'd love a better way. A hotkey would be better, since I wouldn't have to take my hands off of the keyboard to do it.

Thanks,
    Brody

MasterMaster

Aug 07, 2007#2

I think this is not (yet) possible.

Even when you do the alt-shortcuts in the menu you will not get a focus to the shell or back to UE edit area, so you need to press the mouse button.

I tried also the Windows standard keyboard shortcuts Alt+Tab (switch application), Ctrl+Tab or Ctrl+F6 (next child window), F6 or Shift+F6 (next/previous window pane) and Alt+F6 (switch between multiple windows in the same program), but none of them worked.

You might write a feature request email to IDM.
      Normally using all newest english version incl. each hotfix. Win 10 64 bit

Oct 30, 2010#3

Hi,

I also spent a couple of hours trying to find such shortcut without success...

Honestly, THIS IS A MUST HAVE FUNCTIONALITY in my opinion for us programmers in UE that HATE to continuously have to switch back and forth between keyboard and mouse.

How happy was I when I found the addition of this integrated Console SSH/Telnet window that has auto hiding function. It's very cool to use for code testing on remote servers/hosts.

BUT, I got a quite disappointed when could not find a way to toggle between my Code window and the SSH/Telnet Console.

To be honest, I'm almost hoping that there is a way/trick to do that hidden somewhere in the application so that this post would be irrelevant ;-)

Don't get me wrong here : Being a long term user of UE, I'm very happy of where this great software has evolved to and it provides me all the functionalities I require in a great single product. I'm using it both personally and at work where this application covers about 75% of my every day tasks.

MasterMaster

Oct 31, 2010#4

brody wrote:Is there a way to switch between the SSH/Telnet console window and the regular edit windows by hotkey?
          Bego wrote:Even when you do the alt-shortcuts in the menu you will not get a focus to the shell or back to UE edit area, so you need to press the mouse button.
          I see that the original post is quite old. Nevertheless, one possible solution is to group the Telnet window with the Output window (tabs in the same pane) so that Ctrl+F7 will toggle between the Telnet Window and the edit area when the Telnet tab has focus.

This KeyMapping is customizable under: Advanced -> Configuration -> Key Mapping -> FocusToOutputWindow
          LiNuXaDDiKt wrote:Honestly, THIS IS A MUST HAVE FUNCTIONALITY...
          If this work-around doesn't work for you, feel free to request a "FocusToTelnetWindow" enhancement via an email to IDM.