Way to not go to .h symbols?

Way to not go to .h symbols?

Mar 24, 2005#1

I'm trying to figure out how to get my Find Symbol to go to the implementation of the symbol, not the declaration in the .h file--90% of my searches are needed to find out how the functionality was implemented.

I've read the UltraEdit help files, as well as the documentation for ctags itself, but haven't been able to find a parameter to deliver to restrict tags to only .cc files. UltraEdit documentation says that it uses the .prj file, but I need the .h files in the project for other purposes.

Any ideas?

Grand MasterGrand Master

Mar 25, 2005#2

I also use .h files in my projects and ctags and find symbol works perfect.

Run "ctags.exe -?" and you will see the help of ctags. You will see, that there is an option (-h) to specify, which file extensions are for include files. There is also an option (--langmap) to specify, which extensions are for which language.

But I don't need this and it nevertheless works perfect. So I guess, your .h files do not contain declarations of your variables and functions, they contain definitions.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria