Pagination

Pagination

Basic UserBasic User

Jan 20, 2011#1

I cannot figure out how pagination works.

I have a program that is now at about 3,000 lines. I would like to be able to print selected modules.

I checked the Help and there is something about a Page Break Character, but I can't see how to make use of it. Can I insert a page break character in the file (like a bookmark) to trigger a manual page break?

I checked the Print panel. It offers a choice to print selected pages, but there is no indication that I can see where the pages start and end. I don't see any indicators in the margins and there are no page numbers in the status bar at the bottom.

Can someone help me figure out how to print selected routines or how to force page breaks at the top of each routine?

Thanks

I am using UE 16.30.
    I am running UE 16.30.0.1000 on WinXP (all updates applied).

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jan 21, 2011#2

Yes, you can insert page breaks which inserts by default the form-feed character with hexadecimal value 0x0C (decimal 12) by positioning the cursor where you want to insert this page break character and execute Insert - Page Break. In View menu you can enable Show Page Breaks as Lines to see where the page breaks are in your file on printing.

Attention: The form-feed character is read by the compilers/interpreters like a space or tab and not as line termination. One of my colleagues has had once a page break inserted at end of a source code line and the option above was also active and therefore from the display he thought, that the source code line has also a line termination, but that was not the case. There was just the form-feed and no CRLF in the source code file and because the C compiler interpreted correct the form-feed just like a space character, the compiled C code worked different than my colleague thought according to the display.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Basic UserBasic User

Jan 21, 2011#3

Thank you.
        I am running UE 16.30.0.1000 on WinXP (all updates applied).