Message with only "Enabled" inside

Message with only "Enabled" inside

NewbieNewbie

Jan 25, 2011#1

I recently upgraded from Windows 7 Pro 32 bit to Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. Since the upgrade UltraEdit (version 16.30.0.1003) will every so often start showing a popup message every time I change from one open file to another open file. This does not happen every time I run UltraEdit and so far always starts after closing an open file (but does not start every time I close an open file, only sometimes.) My fix to this annoyance is to close UE and reopen it. The popup message I get has a X inside a circle with a red background with the text "Enabled" to the right of it and a single Ok button to click on.

Message.jpg (3.06KiB)

Anybody know how to stop this from happening or even what this message means?

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jan 26, 2011#2

By chance during my development work today I found out that the string "Enabled" is assigned to resource ID number 61477 (0xF025). Such a high resource ID number is usually assigned to certain MFC error (debugging) strings for exceptions. The define AFX_IDS_INVALID_ARG_EXCEPTION in afxres.h is associated with 0xF025. There are not many webpages about AFX_IDS_INVALID_ARG_EXCEPTION.

From what I have read, it could be that a standard library (DLL) installed on your computer needed by UltraEdit is corrupt or has the wrong version. You should first uninstall and then reinstall UltraEdit. Your configuration files are not deleted during this process, just the UltraEdit program files are reinstalled. Perhaps that solves already the problem. And please also check the value of environment variable PATH. The first directory of PATH should be the Windows system directory. Some applications add their program paths during an installation to the beginning of the existing string value of PATH instead of adding themselves to the end.

NewbieNewbie

Jan 26, 2011#3

I checked the path and the first entry was indeed NOT set to the system folder but instead to a NVidia folder. I have changed that and will see if that helps.

MasterMaster

Jan 29, 2011#4

choeschen wrote:Anybody know how to stop this from happening?
          Sorry for not posting this response sooner. IDM recently discovered an issue where closing files via the File View (Open files tab) can cause this erroneous "Enabled" dialog and, in some cases, a subsequent crash. IDM has a new build available which corrects the issue. While it hasn't been officially released yet (or wasn't when I got this info from IDM on Wednesday) IDM will provide it immediately to any user experiencing the problem. So the fix is already coded. You can email IDM to get the fix right away, or you can wait for it to come out in the next release.

NewbieNewbie

Feb 01, 2011#5

I have contacted IDM support and they sent me a link for the latest build (16.30.0.1004.) I will test this and see if I get that popup again. Thanks for all your help.

Updated on 2011-02-11: I have not run into the issue as of yet, but I also have not been running UE much.