Lost UEM window on other monitor

Lost UEM window on other monitor

NewbieNewbie

Jan 24, 2011#1

Opened UltraEdit for MAC on second monitor at home.
    Closed Ultraedit for MAC, even shut down machine.

Went to work where I have no second monitor.

Cannot get any UltraEdit windows to show.
    Assuming they are still going to the now non-existent display.

Tried "Gather Windows" no help.

Create new file, still not showing.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    -jim

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jan 25, 2011#2

I found the topic how to rescue windows from off the screen? in another forum. Gather windows did not work, but perhaps the other methods explained there.

Here is the solution for the problem that UEM window is opened on another monitor not available at the moment:
      1. Open UE - Window - Zoom
      2. Manually re-size the UE window by clicking and dragging the bottom right hand corner.
      After the window has been manually re-sized, the editing window has been successfully repositioned in the active screen.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Feb 11, 2011#3

:lol: I was about to tell him the same thing as I had that problem yesterday. MBP 17" with an external monitor at work in a dual monitor display, at home I just use an external monitor.

Yes, Zoom is the only way I've found to bring it back.

Hopefully, this will be fixed in a future update as my other programs don't have that behavior. Now that I know how to fix it though, it isn't a really big deal.

NewbieNewbie

Apr 11, 2011#4

I have again encountered this condition with version 2.0.0.3.

I moved the UE App to a second monitor when at home.
          I shut down the machine at home with the monitor connected.

Went to work, with no second monitor.

The "Zoom" procedure described does not work.
          Cannot get to the lower right corner of the window.
          If I minimize and maximize the window I can see the entire project window go so I can barley see the LEFT edge of the screen.

Any other ideas?

At this point I know of no method to even use UE until I go home and connect and then disconnect the second monitor.

Thanks
          -jim

May 09, 2011#5

Zooom/2 allows you to move/resize windows from any edge. Being an ex-PC, I simply can't deal with only being able to resize from the bot/left corner. Check it out: http://coderage-software.com/zooom/inde ... index.html

When the window is completely off-screen, Window->Zoom works for me.