Exclude or hide drives in Explorer view

Exclude or hide drives in Explorer view

NewbieNewbie

Jun 02, 2011#1

In version 17.00 is it possible to exclude drives from the Explorer view? My Dell has a bunch of fake drives (compact flash reader, etc.) that I would like to eliminate from the list. A list of available drives with a checkbox in front of each to allow including only the desired drives in the Explorer view would work.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jun 03, 2011#2

No, it is not possible to hide drives on Explorer tab of the File Tree View of UE v17.00. But you can hide all drives you don't need currently by right clicking on a directory and selecting Set Directory as Root. With right clicking later on this directory again (now always at top) and left clicking on Restore Default Root you can restore the view to see again all drives.

There are several configuration settings for the Explorer tab of File Tree View. Open Advanced - Configuration - Application Layout - File Tree View. Unchecking the settings Show volume labels in Explorer view and Scan for empty folders in Explorer view prevents accessing all drives on initial open. Unchecking Show registered file type icons in Explorer view makes loading the directory lists much faster.

BTW: If you never or only rarely need that drives you can disable those hardware components in bios of your Dell computer or in device manager of Windows. That would also save some system resources and results in less power consumption.

NewbieNewbie

Jun 03, 2011#3

Thanks for the suggestions. Setting the root folder has a problem after exiting and restarting. The file pane is not shown until I click the folder. With the default root, the last selected folder contents shows at startup.

I liked the suggestion of disabling the drives via device manager. I did that for those fake drives. However UE needs to have a list that can be enabled or disabled because the DVD drives still show up and I do not ever need to edit files on them - and of course I would not want to disable them.