Customize columns in File List (lower pane of Explorer tab)

Customize columns in File List (lower pane of Explorer tab)

NewbieNewbie

Jun 02, 2011#1

In the lower pane of the Explorer view (version 17.00) I would like to choose which columns to show for each file (eliminate Type column).

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jun 03, 2011#2

In UE v17.00.0.1041 and also in UE v17.10.0.1008 it is not possible to customize which columns in the lower pane of the Explorer tab of File Tree View should be displayed.

But in UE v17.10.0.1008 released today you can change the widths of the columns. So if you don't want to see the Type column, reduce the width to 1 pixel. It is also possible to reduce the width of Type column to 0, but after exiting and restarting UltraEdit the Type column would then be displayed again with default width of 100 pixels. So reduce the width of the Type column to 1-5 pixels.

NewbieNewbie

Jun 03, 2011#3

Mofi,

I cannot locate where/how to change the width of the columns in the explorer file pane. I have the new version installed.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jun 04, 2011#4

Move the mouse pointer over the thin line between Type and Size column. The mouse pointer changes from arrow symbol to the symbol as you can see below in the red rectangle (vertical line with 2 small arrows left and right).

modify_column_width.png (1.38KiB)
          Screenshot demonstrating how to set column widths in file list pane of Explorer tab.

Click now left mouse button, hold it and move mouse to left. Leave out the mouse pointer when Type column is as small as on my screenshot. That's it.

NewbieNewbie

Jun 04, 2011#5

Mofi,

I did that with the older version to make the columns the size I wanted. Of course the results did not last after exiting and restarting. It never dawned on me that the new version of UE would just remember the last settings of the column width, which is why I hunted for a customization setting where I could enter a column width.

Thanks for your help. UE made it so simple, it was difficult for me to figure it out. :-)