Spell checker, UE17, filters

Spell checker, UE17, filters

Basic UserBasic User

Jun 10, 2011#1

I just recently upgraded to UE17 from UE14, and in doing my first spell check on a C/C++ type file, an old bug seems to have returned. I have the spell check filter set to on and set to C/C++. Given this code snippet:

Code: Select all

// There is a misspelling here: "ghuyt"
    char *powq = "Another misspelling: nhswr";
    The misspellings in the comment and string should be found, but "powq", the variable name, should not be tagged as a misspelling. But it is. This was a bug back in version 11 or so, that was fixed in version 13. Any chance for another fix? Spell checking a source code file is pretty useless if it flags all my variables and functions as misspelled...

Exact build I am using: 17.10.0.1008

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jun 10, 2011#2

You are right, I can confirm this issue. I tested C/C++ filter option for spell checker with various versions of UltraEdit and found out that the filter setting is ignored since UE v16.00. In last v15.20 build the filter setting worked as it should and spell check is done only on comments and strings.

Please report this problem by email to IDM support. I will do it also to increase the priority count for fixing this problem already to 2.

Basic UserBasic User

Jun 20, 2011#3

Thanks for the confirm ... I did report it via email to IDM, too, and they also confirmed it.

It's too bad this ended up creeping in again. The last time this happened, it took a major release to get a fix.