How to get Delete all Bookmarked Lines into the toolbar?

How to get Delete all Bookmarked Lines into the toolbar?

Basic UserBasic User

Mar 26, 2010#1

This is my first post in these forums. So, first off, thanks a lot for such a great Editor. I have used many editors in the past including Qedit, but this one is by far the most superior of them all.

I am using UltraEdit 16.00.0.1032 on Win XP Pro SP2. I have been struggling for the last one week to add "Delete all Bookmarked Lines" as a button to my Main Toolbar but it does not show up in the available buttons under the Toolbar Configuration window.

Is there a way I can accomplish this as I am using this feature a lot for the editing I am doing.

Thanks a lot in advance for any help....

sssccc

Grand MasterGrand Master

Mar 26, 2010#2

First you should write an email to IDM support that this command is not available in the toolbar configuration dialog which I think is just because of forgetting to define a prompt text for this command. The command names in the configuration dialog is the prompt text displayed on left side on the status bar at bottom of the UltraEdit main window when the mouse is over a menu item.

Second it should be possible to manually add the command to your toolbar configuration file. You have to find out first the name of your toolbar configuration file because every environment has its own toolbar. You can look on the title bar of the toolbar configuration dialog. In square brackets the name of the toolbar configuration file is displayed.

Now press Ctrl+O to open the File - Open dialog and copy into the edit field of the file name following:

%APPDATA%\IDMComp\UltraEdit\*.tb1

Press key RETURN. You will see all the toolbar configuration files in your UltraEdit application data directory. Select the file with the same name as shown before in the title bar of toolbar configuration file and open the file.

Scroll down to where you want to insert the command in one of the toolbars and insert there the line:

B ID_DELETEALLBOOKMARKLINES

Save the toolbar configuration file, exit UltraEdit and restart it. You should see the command now in your toolbar.

By the way: When you are using this command often, you should think about executing it by hotkey or chord. In the key mapping configuration dialog the name of this command is EditDelAllBookmarkedLines.

Basic UserBasic User

Mar 26, 2010#3

Mofi,

Thanks a lot for a very detailed and clear response. I will send the email to IDM about this.

In the meantime, I tried adding it manually using your method but it did not work for me. I c/p below section of the Programmer.tb1 file after the modification.

Code: Select all

WC 100 ID_TB_COMBO_FIND
        	S
        	B ID_EDIT_FIND
        	B ID_EDIT_FINDPREV
        	B ID_EDIT_FINDNEXT
        	B ID_EDIT_REPLACE
        	B ID_EDIT_GOTO
        	B ID_DELETEALLBOOKMARKLINES
        Is there anything else I am supposed to do besides adding it to the *.tb1 file?

Thanks.

Mar 26, 2010#4

OK Mofi. Never mind. I figured it out.

I guess we need to insert the command in both files: the configuration file (in my case Programmer.tb1) as well in Uedit32.tb0. Change both and it works.

Thanks for the help.....

Grand MasterGrand Master

Dec 05, 2010#5

The command has been added to the toolbar configuration dialog in UltraEdit v16.30.0.1000.

Freight Forwarding Software

Aug 17, 2011#6

Hi, I am a new user. Could you please tell me how to get Delete all Bookmarked Lines into the toolbar in brief? Thanks

Grand MasterGrand Master

Aug 17, 2011#7

To add the command to a toolbar with the toolbar configuration dialog you need following steps:
                • Right click with mouse pointer on a toolbar to open the context menu of the toolbar.
                • Click with left mouse button on context menu item Customize Toolbar...
                • Select on left side the command above the bookmarked lines deleting command should be inserted.
                • Select in the alphabetically sorted list on right side the command Delete All Bookmarked Lines.
                • Click on left-pointing triangle button in the middle of the dialog.
                • Close the toolbar configuration dialog with button OK.