Unable to undo applying html bullets

Unable to undo applying html bullets

Basic UserBasic User

Apr 26, 2006#1

Shouldn't there be a way to do undo converting items to a bulleted html list? I selected a bunch of text and then selected the menu option "HTML Bullets," but then decided I wanted it back without the html bulleted stuff but couldn't undo it.

Basic UserBasic User

Apr 27, 2006#2

Hi rickcr,

UE has several functions like this that you can't undo. (Sort is another one.) Until this is fixed, I always recommend saving a file before applying these types of changes (i.e., a menu command or toolbar button that makes large changes, because undo might not work afterwards). Unfortunately, these are real shortcomings in the product that I hope IDM fixes.

Bill

Basic UserBasic User

Apr 28, 2006#3

I agree that I'd like to see this fixed... at the very least, they could pop up a simple alert that says "This action can not be undone.. are you sure you want to continue?"

Granted, I don't like a lot of hand holding with alerts, but this is one case where it would be very helpful (if people really hate the alert provide an option in settings to turn it off).

Rick

Basic UserBasic User

Apr 28, 2006#4

Hi rickcr,

Yes, particularly since I couldn't find this limitation documented in the manual.

Bill

Grand MasterGrand Master

Oct 14, 2011#5

Starting with UE v17.30.0.1002 the reformatting of a selection done by executing HTML toolbar command HTML Bullets or HTML Numbering can be canceled by using the Undo command. This worked already in previous versions of UltraEdit for ASCII/ANSI files, but with v17.30 it works also for Unicode files like UTF-8 encoded files as many HTML files are encoded.