Remove popup in the project window

Remove popup in the project window

Basic UserBasic User

Apr 20, 2005#1

Hi All!

I have started to use the project functions and I like it a lot. At work we have very large projects and use Websphere Studio Application Developer, which is rather clunky when you only wish to know about 5 to 10 files out of the 200 or so in the larger project. UltraEdit has come gallantly to the rescue in this respect as I effectively bookmark only those files I am interested in.

However, what annoys me in the project files window is the popup that gives details about the file being hovered over. The popup gets in my way of having a clear view of the list. I would prefer to have the ability to turn it on and off easily or, failing that, have the ability to turn it off altogether.

Does anyone have any ideas about how or whether this can be accomplished?

Any advice is most appreciated!

Rob
    :)

Basic UserBasic User

Apr 20, 2005#2

Rob,

I'm only seeing a popup showing the full name of a file, and then only if the window is too narrow for the full name. If that's your problem, then you have three choices:

1. Make the window wider. This may not be practical if the full path is a long one.

2. Right click in the project window and click "Show Names Only".

3. Combination of the above.

Hope this helps!

Dave
      ASTTMan
      I'm not a Texan, I just live here.

Basic UserBasic User

Apr 21, 2005#3

Hi Dave, thanks for the response!

Just to be clear, I am using 11.00a+3, and the project window I am talking about is view with:
        Views | Views/Lists | File Tree View | click Project tab

Interesting, because even when I expand this out to max, I still see the full popup showing file name, path, last modified data, size.

Also, right clicking anywhere on the project tab doesn't display a "Show names only" option - nor does it in project settings dialog.

Are we talking about the same thing?

Rob
        :)

Basic UserBasic User

Apr 21, 2005#4

Rob,

Yes, we're talking about the same thing, it just seems there has been a change in v11. I'm using v10.00b. I don't have a Project Tab, but I have a combo box at the top of the file tree window that lets me select Open Files, Project Files, or lets me browse a disk drive. When I right click in the window, not on a tab or combo box, I get this popup menu with the "Show Names Only" selection. This helps me because most of my paths are much too long to show in the window unless it stretches halfway across my screen.

Sounds like UE now (v11) shows properties when you hover, but not in my version.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you.

Dave
          ASTTMan
          I'm not a Texan, I just live here.