How to print with line numbers?

How to print with line numbers?

NewbieNewbie

Oct 18, 2005#1

Is there a way to get the line numbers to be printed on a paper printout? This is basic stuff for any editor but for some reason this seems very complicated in UltraEdit!

Am I missing something here? Or is this editor missing something very very basic.

Maybe I'm the only one here that sometimes needs work with a hard copy printout!

Thanks.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Oct 18, 2005#2

File - Print Setup/Configuration - Page Setup - activate Print Line Numbers.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Oct 18, 2005#3

Thanks. The parameter should be in a more obvious place with the rest of the config.

NewbieNewbie

May 03, 2012#4

That checkbox "Print Line Numbers" is not present in my print dialog; OS X 10.7, network (IP) printer, UEM 3.0.0.16

Is there another way to print line numbers in the OS X version of UltraEdit?

--Mark

Grand MasterGrand Master

May 04, 2012#5

The checkbox for printing line numbers is also in UltraEdit for Windows not in the printing dialog, it is in the Page Setup dialog.

You could set caret to top of file, toggle column mode on with Column - Column Mode, use Column - Insert/Fill Columns to insert 1 to 3 spaces and then use Column - Insert Number to insert an incrementing number starting with 1 if UltraEdit for Mac does not have a Page Setup dialog with the setting for printing line numbers. After printing you can remove the inserted columns with Column - Delete Columns and last toggle off column mode with Column - Column Mode.