Snapping when re-arranging tabs

Snapping when re-arranging tabs

NewbieNewbie

Aug 22, 2012#1

Running v16.

Currently when I drag and drop to re-arrange Open File tabs, the tabs snap into each position. Makes me feel like I am out of control of my mouse. Really crazy when tabs have long file names, my mouse pointer flies across the screen.

Is there a way to disable this snapping, didn't do that in previous versions. Re-arranging tabs should be a smooth animation and never change the mouse position.

MasterMaster

Aug 22, 2012#2

Strange... after reading your post, I checked that in UE 18.10.0.1016, and saw the same behavior. However, in UEStudio 12.10.0.1003, which is supposed to be a superset of UE 18.10, the mouse does not jump with the tab. Instead, the tab, while still snapping, does not snap until the mouse has progressed to the point of being where it should be after the tab snap, then the tab snaps, so it appears smooth on the mouse movement, but quick on the tab movement.

I am unaware of any settings for this.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Aug 23, 2012#3

I can see the jump of the mouse pointer in UEStudio 12.10.0.1003 and in UE 18.10.0.1016, perhaps because I use same File Tabs option in both applications. But to be honest, this behavior does not really bother me, perhaps because the names of my file names are usually short.

There is definitely no setting to turn off this behavior.

NewbieNewbie

Aug 27, 2012#4

Ok then, thanks for the confirmation of behavior. Long file names come are common for me.

Since I'm out of luck regaining control of open tabs, I'll attempt to switch to using the file tree view instead for switching between files.