Need Variable Parameters

Need Variable Parameters

NewbieNewbie

Aug 27, 2004#1

I have an application for a macro where I need to lookup data in one file that is used to relate to information back in the first file. I haven't found a technique in macros that will allow this to occur.
    What is needed is the ability to specify variable parameters to macro commands. Specifically to address the above scenario, the ability to specify a Find string that comes from a Selection or Clipboard value would do the trick. In this way, a Find could use document data instead of fixed strings or numbers. On the command line, %s could refer to the current selection, or %0 - %9 could refer to the Clipboard.
    How aboput it, IDM?
    Thanks,
    Paul

MasterMaster

Aug 27, 2004#2

the ability to specify a Find string that comes from a Selection or Clipboard value would do the trick.
      Find "^c" searches for whatever string is in the active clipboard.
      Software For Metalworking
      http://closetolerancesoftware.com

NewbieNewbie

Aug 27, 2004#3

Cool!
        That solves my most immediate problem.
        I still think it would be most useful to allow any variable parameter against the current selection as well as the full set of clipboards, either active or all user clipboards (0-9). This way, if there are several correlations that are needed, they can be accommodated fairly easily in this manner. This could work for all macro commands.
        Thanks!
        Paul