Reordering listing of scripts in Script List

Reordering listing of scripts in Script List

Jan 15, 2013#1

When adding a script to the 'Script List' the new script always goes to the end of the list. I want to sort the list alphabetically.

I had thought that one just positioned the cursor to where the desired script should appear in the list before 'adding' it, but no, that doesn't work. I then thought that maybe there were up/down arrows like those found in the Outlook Rules function (move this one up, or down). Nope... no arrows. Then, perhaps 'drag and drop'? Nope, that doesn't work either.

So... how can one rearrange that list of scripts (see the attached example)?
    scriptlistdropdown.jpg (125.04KiB)

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jan 16, 2013#2

Well, most users use the scripts via View - Views/Lists - Script List (opened/closed by hotkey or docked usually on right side with auto-hide enabled). In this list the scripts are sorted alphabetically and therefore most users do not miss a feature to re-order the scripts in the list.

It's right that in the menu the scripts are listed as added to the list. To re-order the list you have to
      • open %APPDATA%\IDMComp\UltraEdit\uedit32.ini while UltraEdit is not running with Notepad,
      • find the section [Scripting],
      • renumber Chord, Desc, HotKey, Name, Path and UID whereby Chord and HotKey must be renumbered only when chords/hotkeys are assigned to scripts,
      • save edited INI file of UltraEdit and exit Notepad.
      It might be easier to
      • first create a copy of uedit32.ini while UE is not running,
      • then open this copy in UltraEdit and sort the INI using macro Sort UE/UES INI or script RegIniFileSort to get the scripts better presorted in section [Scripting],
      • renumber Chord, Desc, HotKey, Name, Path and UID which should be much easier now,
      • save the file, exit UltraEdit and replace uedit32.ini by the copy with the renumbered scripts.
      Of course it would be possible to write a script which renumbers the script entries in INI file according to script name.

Jan 22, 2013#3

OK, got the Script List docked now. Thanks.