UltraEdit Shortcut Keys Printable Document

UltraEdit Shortcut Keys Printable Document

Basic UserBasic User

Jan 31, 2014#1

I was wondering if anyone had made a nice printable shortcut key listing for UltraEdit. Maybe something that is in PDF or Word format that was suitable for printing on 1 page.

I know about Keyboard Shortcuts, but I was wanting something that would be nice to print out and hang up as a quick reference.

Maybe even a 2 page document with other good tips or quick reference items.

And as an FYI, I just realized that CTRL + SHIFT and double clicking on a word to highlight all instances of a word is not listed on the above URL.

How many other good ones are not listed

I only knew about this one as I had emailed support about a feature request and it turned out the feature was almost already there (not quite what I wanted but close).

Thanks for any suggestions.

Alan

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jan 31, 2014#2

Open Advanced - Configuration - Key Mapping and click on button Show key mapping in editor. UltraEdit creates a text file with the information you want. Hotkeys of macros currently loaded are also included.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

MasterMaster

Jan 31, 2014#3

May by this?

File deleted as uploaded a better one in my next post.
        It's impossible to lead us astray for we don't care even to choose the way.

Basic UserBasic User

Jan 31, 2014#4

Mofi,

Thanks for the information I did not know about the show in editor option. I like that.

Ovg, I really like what you have. Did you create that? That is something IDM should be publishing for all of us.

UE's Key Mapping and your PDF do not show Control + Shift and double click on the word and highlights all instances of word.

Not sure if there are other things like this that would relate.

Besides an email wonder what it would take to get IDM to publish something like this :)

thanks

Alan

MasterMaster

Feb 01, 2014#5

I have made this file from Here's help for finding settings in Configuration and from result of Show key mapping in editor

Thank you for the Ctrl+Shift+Double Click - very useful for me.

New version
            UltraEdit_20 Settings & KeyMap.zip (32.18 KiB)   4967

Grand MasterGrand Master

Feb 01, 2014#6

If you are interested in basic features, see also Which methods exist to select a text range or block? Most people working on Windows with text do not even know the basic selection methods.

If you are interested in special mouse actions, open help of UltraEdit, switch to tab Search, enter for example mouse and look on the help topics listed containing this word (with focus in list, hit RETURN, look on help page, press DOWN arrow, hit RETURN, and so on).

The help of UltraEdit for Windows can be read also like a book. Just open on tab Contents the first page Using Help. Then use the next topic button in header of every page on right side. Approximately 80% of all help pages are added to contents list and can be therefore viewed one after the other. Having read at least once about all the features and settings of UltraEdit is a big step in making also use of them for efficient working with UltraEdit.
              Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

MasterMaster

Feb 02, 2014#7

Mofi, thank you for the useful information!