VCSmenu for Version Control & Other Stuff

VCSmenu for Version Control & Other Stuff

Basic UserBasic User

Feb 17, 2014#1

VCSmenu (Download via MediaFire)

This is a User Tool that allows you to integrate one or more Version Control Systems like Git, Mercurial, SVN.

Now it already comes packaged with Menu INI's for TortoiseGit, TortoiseHg, TortoiseSVN to help you get off on the right foot.

This is a evolution of my former GenericVCS, however I compiled this without UPX compression so cheap Anti-Virus software won't flag it.

To use this, you need to of course create one or more User Tool entries, via "Advanced\Tool Configuration..."

Example:
    Command
    Menu Item Name:
    Git

Command Line:
    VCSmenu.exe -m=".\TortoiseGit.ini" -f="%f" -l="%line%" -t="%sel%"

Working Directory:
    U:\My Projects\VCSmenu\ (Location of the VCSmenu.exe)

Toolbar Bitmap/Icon (File Path):
    U:\My Projects\VCSmenu\Icons\_GitOrange.ico

Options
    Program Type:
    DOS
    Save Active File

Output
    Command Output (DOS Commands):
    Append to Existing

Replace Selected Text With:
    No Replace

Now this is written in AutoIt. There can be some delay between invoking the toolbar icon...and the menu actually displaying...this delay is mostly I/O based, because of loading the icons.

I have yet to figure out how to dismiss the menu by clicking elsewhere...so to dismiss the menu you have to ether invoke one of the menu items or click the Exit menu item.

Anyways hopefully some of you will find this useful, whether it be for version control or just heaping a bunch of tools into one spot.

Oh and I do welcome rewrite's or code submissions...the source code is included in the archive.

NewbieNewbie

Feb 23, 2014#2

I tried it with Portable TortoiseHg and it works quite well. Thanks.

Basic UserBasic User

Feb 24, 2014#3

You are most welcome. :)

Feb 26, 2014#4

Okay I now package a Lite version...only difference is no icon's are displayed...which makes a big difference on slower systems.

Would really like to see someone write a C or C++ version of this. :)

For one thing it would be a hell of a lot smaller, if not massively faster.