What items determine scollbar colors?

What items determine scollbar colors?

NewbieNewbie

Mar 20, 2014#1

Within a custom theme, which items determine the color of the scrollbars?

I ask because I'd like to adjust the scrollbar colors but don't see them listed specifically within the Manage Themes window under Application/"Set styles for". I've looked under all the options there (Dockable Panes, Menus, Toolbars, File Tabs, Output Window Tabs, Pane Group Tabs, Buttons, Pane Column Headers, and Miscellaneous, but I'm either overlooking them or the colors of the scrollbars are controlled by the color of another of these items. Or maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?

I'm using UltraEdit 21.00.0.1033.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Mar 21, 2014#2

The scroll bar colors are derived from background color set for Ruler, Line Number Column on tab Editor in the Manage Themes dialog opened via View - Themes - Manage Themes.

At bottom right corner of a document window there is a square area below the vertical scroll bar and right of horizontal scroll bar. This square has exactly the same color as set for background of ruler and line number column. The colors of the scroll bar elements are derived from that color.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Mar 21, 2014#3

Thanks Mofi, that helps a lot. That allows me to change the background color, which is good. I could barely tell the scrollbar from the background before; now I can change the background color so that the scrollbar stands out more.

Bonus question: Is there another setting controlling the color of the scrollbar itself?

You are always so helpful to the UltraEdit community, and for that I thank you. Know that you are appreciated.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Mar 21, 2014#4

Klaatu wrote:Is there another setting controlling the color of the scrollbar itself?
          No!

All colors of all scroll bar elements are automatically selected internally by UltraEdit depending on background color for ruler / line number column.

I suggested IDM during beta test period of UE v21.00 to make the scroll bars more customizable like supported by some browsers with proprietary CSS properties, see Custom scrollbars for IE, Chrome and Firefox using CSS.

But for myself I requested a standard look of the scroll bars when using a standard application layout style like Windows Classic as I wanted the scroll bars in UltraEdit look as in all other applications I use. And I got that.
          Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria