Foreign Transaction Fee

Foreign Transaction Fee

NewbieNewbie

May 14, 2014#1

I have been a customer of IDM Computer Solutions for many years having upgraded to the latest version of the product repeatedly. My most recent purchase was handled via Avangate BV (affiliated with IDM Computer Solutions). Because Avangate BV is outside of the US, I was charged a foreign transaction fee by my credit card company. IDM is in the US, I am in the US, geesh!

Grand MasterGrand Master

May 14, 2014#2

You better discuss this with IDM by email. In the user-to-user forum there is not much what we - the users - could contribute here.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Power UserPower User

May 14, 2014#3

LoriatYale - Rather than paying to upgrade again and again - buy a lifetime license.

NewbieNewbie

May 15, 2014#4

After much back and forth with IDM, Avangate and my credit card company, I have learned that the issue resides with using PayPal to purchase the product from a company on foreign soil (Avangate). IDM has apologized for the surprise fee I incurred and has offered me a complimentary license for a product of my choosing. Being able to purchase via Paypal is a new offering for IDM. Perhaps it best if when a customer chooses Paypal, there be a disclaimer that they may be charged a Foreign Transaction Fee. Just a little heads up...

Hmmm, lifetime license, didnt' know that was an option. Thanks