SSH/Telnet Account Manager grayed out

SSH/Telnet Account Manager grayed out

Basic UserBasic User

Sep 24, 2007#1

I've found the way to view the SSH/Telnet Console, but how do I define and access accounts? The File > FTP/Telnet > SSH/Telnet Account Manager menu selection is grayed out. Is this feature implemented?

MasterMaster

Oct 20, 2007#2

It is implemented. It seems to be greyed out when you are connected to a SSH/Telnet console. When you disconnect from all terminals (tabs on the console) the menu item File > FTP/Telnet > SSH/Telnet Account Manager is active again. At least that's how it works for me in UE13.20+2.

In the console itself you should also be able to open the manager via the "Accounts" button when not connected.

NewbieNewbie

Nov 09, 2007#3

I have the same problem also, I have recently updated to version 13.20+2 from version 12 and the account manager is grayed out, is it something related to configuration files, or some registry key. Thanks Marcelo

NewbieNewbie

Aug 12, 2008#4

This is the solution given by IDM Support :
          The issue is that the Telnet/SSH console was not registered - possibly due to a security restriction/etc during the installation.

Please go to the installation directory and verify that this file exists:

wodTelnetDLX.ocx

If this file is there, please open a command prompt (DOS prompt) and navigate to the directory where UltraEdit/UEStudio was installed and type the following:

regsvr32.exe wodTelnetDLX.ocx

This will register the SSH/Telnet control (if it's not already registered). If this completes successfully you should see a dialog that indicates this:

DLLRegisterServer in wodTelnetDLX.ocx succeeded.

You may also want to search your system to see if the wodTelnetDLX.ocx exists somewhere else. It is possible there is a conflict with another version installed for another application.
          And it worked fine.
          8)

NewbieNewbie

Oct 28, 2009#5

I had this issue also on Vista. One additional caveat. In order for the registration to work you need to navigate to the Windows/System32 directory and run the CMD interpreter as Administrator.

I think IDM needs to tweak its installation!

NewbieNewbie

Jan 14, 2014#6

I am aware that this post is very old however I ran into the same issue after installing Version 20.00.0.1056.

The problem being that the software was not installed as administrator.

To fix the problem simply:

Exit out of UltraEdit

Right click on the install and run as administrator.

Select the option to repair.

UltraEdit ssh/telnet Account Manager should now be enabled.

NewbieNewbie

Jun 05, 2014#7

I am not able to run as administrator. That's why I am using the portable / mobile version of UltraEdit from an external drive (version 21.10.0.1032).
                Has anyone an idea if there is work spent to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance