Resize of Explorer bug

Resize of Explorer bug

Basic UserBasic User

Jul 22, 2014#1

Hi,

when resizing the Explorer in UC Pro 14.0.0.1003 in floating mode, first it seems to be o.k. but when opening afterwards the border of the floating window is on its position but the panel itself is cut.

UltraCompare Pro 14 bug - 20140722.png (39.57KiB)

When I make the Explorer sticky, resize it, and then make it floating again, it works as it should.

I hope anybody of IDM reads this. :)

Hinting greetings

Reiner
    --
    Reiner

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jul 22, 2014#2

Take a look on the 2 small paragraphs at top of this forum page. Bug reports should be sent by email to IDM support. The term email us directly is a mailto link.

It looks like you have the views Explorer and Sessions (Explorer und Sitzungen) and Legend & Filters (Legende & Filter) docked on left side both with auto-hide feature enabled. Floating window mode is a different mode in comparison to docked window mode.

I'm using also UC v14.00.0.1003, but English version, on Windows XP SP3 x86 with Classic Windows desktop theme and using Classic UC theme. I tried to reproduce this issue on my computer with my settings, but failed to do so. The Legend & Filters view is always displayed fine and completely.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Basic UserBasic User

Jul 22, 2014#3

O.k. U R right, I couldn't remember the english names of the mode I use. And yes, I already send an e-mail with the description. The theme/skin I use is Slate and as far as I know it is one of the skins delivered with UC, isn't it? IMHO in this case there shouldn't be a problem because of the theme selection. And I just tested it again: after changing the size of the Explorer view and let it appear again by hover with the mouse over the tab, the border goes to the right much more as I pulled it (in my case until the middle of the main window) and the pane itself now goes until the size where I pulled it.

EDIT: Hm, there seems to be an initialization problem because the last session is shown in the tab and the file names, but the Refresh icon in the toolbar (those two gray (inactive) or blue (active) arrows displaying a sort of a circle) is disabled. First I've to click on the file open icon but don't selecting a new file and just cancel this selection, in order to activate the refresh icon. And second is that after one time making the Explorer sticky and unsticky it again, the resize works as expected in docking mode. :roll:
        --
        Reiner

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jul 23, 2014#4

Yes, Slate is a standard UC theme. The theme of UC as well as the Windows desktop theme and the version of Windows are important on display issues. Sometimes even the other visual effects configured for Windows are important on display issues.

The button Refresh in the toolbar is disabled as long as the last session reloaded because of enabled setting Reload sessions previously open on startup under Options - Configuration - Sessions on startup is executed using button Go - the green triangle to right between the file names above the two text compare panes.
          Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Basic UserBasic User

Jul 23, 2014#5

One time I recall, the green triangle/arrowhead didn't work. I don't know why... :?

And for the rest I got an answer to send a more detailed description what I did. Now Ben from IDM support could reproduce this bug and sent it to the developers.
            --
            Reiner