UE v17.30.0.1002 not reloading files open on last exit (fixed)

UE v17.30.0.1002 not reloading files open on last exit (fixed)

NewbieNewbie

Nov 09, 2011#1

I have a worse problem. My file list is no longer reloaded at all after I installed v17.30.0.1002. It worked in the previous version (v17.20.0.1013). "Reload files previously loaded on startup" is checked. I use UEDIT32.INI file to store my options.

Nov 15, 2011#2

My problem is specific to Windows XP. It was fixed by user verification build v17.30.0.1007 which is a non public build. IDM support sent me the link to this build.

NewbieNewbie

Aug 01, 2014#3

This may be a different issue, and I suspect it's just not how UltraEdit works, but hopefully I'm just missing something. When I restart UltraEdit normally, previously open files are reloaded. However, if UltraEdit is not running, and I right-click on a text file and choose 'UltraEdit', the new file is loaded, but all previously loaded files are not. At this point, I have to reopen all of the previously opened files one by one from the recent files menu. If I had more open than the recent files list allows, I'm out of luck. Is there a way to get UltraEdit reload the open the previously open files AND the one I just manually opened as well? Other editors do this and it's a nice feature.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Aug 01, 2014#4

Enable setting Open from Explorer also loads file list at Advanced - Configuration - File Handling - Advanced to reload additionally to the file(s) specified on command line (by Windows Explorer) also the files opened on last exit.
          Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Aug 01, 2014#5

See, I was missing something! Thank you.