Code Snippet Library

Code Snippet Library

NewbieNewbie

Mar 07, 2005#1

UltraEdit looks fantastic so far!

Just wondering: does UltraEdit have a code snippet library or something similar to store frequently used bits of code? Zend Studio has this and it is useful, but Zend is so slooooow... Used the evaluation for 30 days and it almost drove me mad. UltraEdit, on the other hand, is super fast! If there is not a code library in UltraEdit, is there a library that can integrate with UltraEdit.

Thanks
    Juls

Advanced UserAdvanced User

Mar 08, 2005#2

Hi Juls

UltraEdit has 50 templates!
      Pull down menu "Advanced" --> "Display/Modify Templates..."

You can name the templates and the first 20 have keystrokes assigned to them. Alt-0 thur Alt-9 & Alt Shift 0 thur Alt Shift 9.

I'm thinking that's as close to snippet library as UE has.

In the Help file lookup "Display/Modify Templates command"

Lets see what others come up with.

NewbieNewbie

Mar 08, 2005#3

I misuse the taglist for that. The original taglist is a simple textfile with its own syntax, and you can write own versions of this file, not containing html-tags, but code snippets. Even some regular expressions are possible in UE-syntax, for example "^p" for a line wrap, if you need snippets containing more than one line.

With a right click in the taglist, and then opening the dialogue and quitting it with "ok", the file will be checked, sorted and overwritten and also the taglist is actualized then.

I now use an own taglist for code snippets up to 10 lines, and with a count of more than 50 different in 5 groups without problems, and it works fine. But it's a bit of work, some more than copy'n paste, because of replacing line wraps with "^p", setting quotation marks and so on...

robomike

NewbieNewbie

Mar 09, 2005#4

Thanks for the replies!

I'm going to try both solutions right now.

- Juls

Basic UserBasic User

Oct 17, 2014#5

i went to advanced->export settings. when i imported the settings on another computer, it did not get the templates in the advanced->display/modify templates. is this expected? what would be a way to export/import these? thank you,

Grand MasterGrand Master

Oct 18, 2014#6

Use Advanced - Backup/Restore User Customizations, section Smart Templates on both computers.

Or simply copy your templates directory. The templates directory is by default %APPDATA%\IDMComp\UltraEdit\templates or what is configured at Advanced - Configuration - Directories for Template directory.
              Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Basic UserBasic User

Oct 21, 2014#7

Thanks Mofi!