Difference between UE Mobile and UE

Difference between UE Mobile and UE

NewbieNewbie

Dec 18, 2014#1

Hi,

what is the difference between the two? When I buy UE (no the mobile version), will the key also work for portable version?

Kind regards, jan

Grand MasterGrand Master

Dec 18, 2014#2

There is no difference in available features as far as I know although some users had in the past problems with using the FTP/FTPS/SFTP and SSH/Telnet features with portable version. The third-party libraries used for those features must be registered temporarily on host machine to work. UE Mobile registers and unregisters the libraries dynamically, but it could nevertheless fail. But I'm not a good person on giving information regarding usage of UE Mobile as I'm not using UE Mobile by myself because I do not have a portable USB media device at all.

The license system is of course different between UltraEdit for Windows and UE Mobile. But I really don't know if this means that the license ID and the password for the license is different between UE and UE Mobile. License related questions should be asked IDM support by email by clicking on email us directly at top of this page. It is not required to be already a licensed user to get support by IDM Computer Solutions, Inc. for the decision what would be best for your use cases.

A single user license includes 3 activations at same time for Windows, Linux and Mac. But no user has before asked if same license data can be used for UE and UE Mobile in user-to-user forum.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Dec 18, 2014#3

Thank you for your time, I will ask IDM about that. There is some difference, the non-portable download is considerably bigger. Also the price tag is different.

Kind regards, Jan

MasterMaster

Dec 20, 2014#4

I can confirm that you must have a separate license for UE and for UE Mobile. The licenses are exclusive for those 2 products. I had to get separate licenses for each when purchasing.

Although now that I have a new laptop, I never seem to need UE Mobile any longer, unless someone asks me to help them with something on their computer. Then I bring my own set of portable tools, which is why I still keep UE Mobile around.

I prefer the full version on my machine when I'm not using someone else's computer, because it gives me the added benefit of having it integrated into the explorer context menu, etc.

Also, with the mobile versions of UE Mobile and UC Mobile, they don't interact as well as the installed versions. This is not IDM's fault, but due to the way PortableApps are required to be set up. It's just the nature of the beast.
          “Don’t document the problem, fix it.” – Atli Björgvin Oddsson