UltraEdit Copy / Paste Problem FIX - Webroot Secure Anywhere Setting

UltraEdit Copy / Paste Problem FIX - Webroot Secure Anywhere Setting

NewbieNewbie

Aug 24, 2014#1

I installed UltraEdit 21.20.0.1014 on 3 laptops today. Worked fine on 2 of them (Win 8.1 on one / Win 7 the other), but on the 3rd laptop (Win 7) I had the issue preventing the PASTE command from working with the Windows clipboard selected and then trying to copy / paste within UltraEdit.

The software causing the problem was Webroot Secure Anywhere (WSA) which had set the Identity Protection control setting for UE to DENY. One of the features in Webroot's ID shield process is designed to protect copying and pasting of sensitive information.

What is odd is how all 3 laptops have WSA running as a secondary AV program and WSA only did the DENY setting on Laptop #3 for some unknown reason, set it correctly on the Win 8.1 laptop and on the #2 Gateway laptop didn't even set it at all so no problem on that
    one appeared with copy / paste in UE.

So if you are using WSA it may or may not cause a Copy / Paste problem with UE.

Here is the FIX to correct the setting if WSA does incorrectly BLOCK UE:
    • Open Webroot Secure Anywhere Control Panel
    • On the right side middle click the settings button for IDENTITY PROTECTION
    • Go to the APPLICATION PROTECTION tab
    • Scroll to the line with uedit32.exe and CHANGE the setting FROM DENY > TO PROTECT

Grand MasterGrand Master

Aug 24, 2014#2

KTech, thanks for this information.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Jan 21, 2015#3

Thank you for this information, resolved my issue!