Switch into column mode by ALT key while word-wrap enabled

Switch into column mode by ALT key while word-wrap enabled

Basic UserBasic User

Jan 26, 2015#1

Hello!

When will it be possible to switch automatically into column mode even word wrap is on?

This is quite annoying cause every time I have to switch off the word wrap button to get into the column mode. It would be fantastic if UE recognize, with word wrap on, that I like to switch temporary into column mode when I press the ALT key.

Or is there another way to get column selection with word wrap on?

thanks for any hint.

gieri
    Currently using: Version 21.20.0.1004 (German Edition). Windows 8.1 x64

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jan 26, 2015#2

gieri wrote:When will it be possible to switch automatically into column mode even word wrap is on?
      I was not aware that such a requirement exists at all. No user has requested before in the user-to-user forums the capability to make a rectangular selection with (mouse) pointer and holding left ALT key while making the selection with word-wrap mode currently activated.

Do you have requested this enhancement by email to IDM support as feature request?
      gieri wrote:Or is there another way to get column selection with word wrap on?
      I use UltraEdit mainly with keyboard. Therefore I toggle column mode with Alt+C on/off and make the selections with keyboard (Shift + moving caret with the keys). Alt+C is assigned to command Column - Column Mode.

Pressing Alt+C toggles off word-wrap mode and activates column editing mode. After finishing column editing, pressing once again Alt+C disables column editing mode and restores normal text editing mode with word-wrap being enabled again.

It is also possible to hit Ctrl+W assigned by default to command Edit - Toggle Word-Wrap instead of pressing Alt+C to toggle off column editing mode and get back to normal editing mode with active word-wrap.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Basic UserBasic User

Jan 27, 2015#3

Hello Mofi,

thanks for the ALT-C hint.. I will work with your method till its possible to set two shortcuts on one key. (1. ALT for Column mode + 2. for word wrap toggle)

cheers

gieri
        Currently using: Version 21.20.0.1004 (German Edition). Windows 8.1 x64