Freezing first row with synchronized scrolling

Freezing first row with synchronized scrolling

NewbieNewbie

Jan 15, 2013#1

Does anyone know how to Freeze the first row so you can see the first row when you are on row 250 when cleaning up data?

Power UserPower User

Jan 15, 2013#2

You can split the window and then drag the split bar up until you have only 1 row showing above it.

Cheers...

Frank

NewbieNewbie

Jan 15, 2013#3

I have tried that but even with Sync on the titles on top do not stayed sync'ed.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jan 16, 2013#4

It's right that with synchronized scrolling enabled both panes of the split document window scroll instead of just the active pane.

I think, you are the first user using Windows - Synchronized Scrolling with 2 files side by side and with a split document window. Report this issue by email to IDM support.

There is currently no possibility to get a part of a file displayed fixed while using synchronized scrolling on another part of a file.

Of course with Windows - Synchronized Scrolling being disabled it is no problem to get first line displayed fixed at top while scrolling in second pane of a split document window. To split a document window click with left mouse button on the small rectangle above upper arrow on vertical scroll bar (mouse pointer changes to 2 thin horizontal lines with an up and down arrow) and drag down the horizontal line appearing across the document window.

On the other hand synchronized scrolling of upper and lower pane of a split document window can be very useful. For example when comparing within a C/C++ file two similar functions as I currently do. (Really!) So the problem with synchronized scrolling option is that it should be better managed. Synchronized scrolled can be used for comparing 2 files side by side and for comparing two blocks within same file. So perhaps 2 synchronized scrolling settings for the two use cases would be better.

NewbieNewbie

Mar 03, 2015#5

Hi,

this is a very good request (and question).
            I'm using both Windows & Mac and need this really useful feature as well.

Does someone reported this to IDM ?

Regards,
            Antonio

Grand MasterGrand Master

Mar 03, 2015#6

Antonio, would you please explain what exactly you need.

Do you want a single file split horizontally to see always first row and scroll just in lower pane?

This is possible as written above with Windows - Synchronized Scrolling being not activated.

Or do you want to compare visually two files side-by-side with first row being always visible in both files and synchronized scrolling?
              Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria