No refresh when deleting in column mode by holding DEL key (fixed)

No refresh when deleting in column mode by holding DEL key (fixed)

Basic UserBasic User

May 05, 2015#1

Hello UltraEdit users,

I hope someone can help me with this problem.

In column mode, when holding down the delete key, the screen does not refresh to show the characters being deleted. It only refreshes when I release the delete key, so you cannot see how many characters you have deleted until you release.

Is this normal behavior?

MasterMaster

May 05, 2015#2

Which version? Column mode delete is OK in UE 22.0.0.66 but only if you hide the Document Map. I already reported similar refreshing problem about holding SHIFT+RIGHT ARROW in column mode.

Basic UserBasic User

May 05, 2015#3

I'm using version 22.0.0.58.

Even when Document Map is off, deletion refresh is intermittent/jerky.

MasterMaster

May 05, 2015#4

Hmmmm, I've just tested column DEL in several SQL files and found out that I can see the refresh issue in files with 1000+ lines :(
          I'll send a report to IDM.

Grand MasterGrand Master

May 05, 2015#5

I could also reproduce this issue with UE v22.0.0.58 as well as with v22.0.0.66. Deletion of columns in more than 4000 lines on an XML file with more than 8000 lines with pressing and holding DEL key results in no update of document window while DEL key is hold, except the column deletion is done at column 1.

I see immediate update of Document Map display on column deletion within selected lines with the Document Map view being displayed, but the document window area is refreshed in this case only when DEL key is left.

This issue is not reproducible with column deletion by key is done at column 1. In this case Document Map display and document window are both refreshed simultaneously.

Update: This document window refresh issue was fixed with UE v22.10.0.10.
            Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Basic UserBasic User

May 06, 2015#6

I get the problem with much smaller files too, only 100 lines and 100 characters wide.