FTP Browser Window Configuration

FTP Browser Window Configuration

NewbieNewbie

May 23, 2015#1

Just upgraded to UE v22 from v20 and noticed right off the bat the new changes to the FTP Browser window. When I select File - FTP/Telnet and then Browse to open up a new FTP session, I'm presented with 4 windows tiled. I don't want that and I would like to have the old look of 2 windows side-by-side like I had in UE v20. I have tried to close the extra windows but don't see an option to do that so I adjust everything so that I am back to seeing just 2 windows. However, when I close and reopen, everything is back to 4 windows tiled. Any ideas how I can get back to the classic look I had in the older version?

Grand MasterGrand Master

May 23, 2015#2

Sorry, but the UltraEdit FTP Browser window is not customizable regarding its layout in currently latest UE v22.0.0.66. Pressing key F1 after opening this window results in opening help page for this window. You will not find any information about an option to get separated directory and file panes of local/remote side back into a single pane.

It could be perhaps helpful for you on your workflow to enable Display FTP accounts in Explorer view at Advanced - Configuration - FTP, open Explorer tab on File View, click there at top on open folder icon to disable split pane feature (yes, this window is customizable in that way), and have now directories and files on connected FTP server in the tree view you prefer.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Apr 03, 2019#3

Is it possible to increase font size in the FTP Browser window in UltraEdit for Windows version 26.00.0.48? That would be helpful on presentations.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Apr 04, 2019#4

There is no UltraEdit setting to control font size of this dialog window as far as I know. The window is customizable in width and height and the widths of the list columns are also customizable by the user. This is done most likely by appropriate code in UltraEdit. But this DIALOGEX resource uses the logical font MS Shell Dlg and style DS_SHELLFONT according to information displayed by Resource Hacker tool on looking on this resource in resource DLL of UltraEdit. So the font and font size of the items in this dialog window are controlled by the operating system which means by Windows.
          Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria