Subdirectories to ignore in search

Subdirectories to ignore in search

Basic UserBasic User

Jul 28, 2015#1

Currently, I have:
    images;cache;skins;lib;

But I have a code subdirectory at /classes/cache/.

What might be a way to include /classes/cache/ but exclude /cache/?

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jul 29, 2015#2

I don't see any method to ignore parent\cache\, but include parent\classes\cache\ with only using Subdirectories to ignore in search.

I have 3 suggestions:
      1. Set hidden attribute on directory parent\cache\ and use in Find in Files additionally Ignore hidden subdirectories.
      2. Instead of having selected parent\ in Directory and using Subdirectories to ignore in search for some subdirectories specify in Directory all subdirectories of parent\ separated with ; in which Find in Files should search. This solution can't be used if there are files in parent\ which should be included, except Search subdirectories can be also disabled because of having all directories to search in specified in Directory.
      3. Specify more precise in In files/types which files should be found to exclude the files in parent\cache\ if this directory does not contain files with a name being identical to file names in other directories to search.
      Hint: Use an empty search string to get listed by Find in Files just the file names on experimenting to find the right find options.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Basic UserBasic User

Jul 29, 2015#3

Suggestion #1 gave me some concern as I did not know if PHP (for Windows) respects the 'hidden' attribute of the file system.

Experiments show that PHP (WIN) 5.4.40 does not.

Thank you for the suggestions.