Wordfile storage on Linux (CentOs)

Wordfile storage on Linux (CentOs)

NewbieNewbie

Sep 14, 2015#1

Hi!

I've just downloaded and installed UltraEdit for Linux 15.1 on my new CentOs installation. I need to add a wordfile I've used in UltraEdit on Windows (language: Rexx). I moved (as root) the rexx.uew file from Windows to /usr/local/share/uex/wordfiles.

Now if I open UEX as root, then it lists Rexx among the other ones. So it reads my rexx.uew file. OK!

BUT if I open UltraEdit from any other normal user (not as root), the rexx.uew is not read and I don't see the Rexx visualization among the other ones.

I checked the permissions of rexx.uew and they are the same as others *.uew files in the same directory.

Any idea or suggestion?
    Thanks in advance!

Grand MasterGrand Master

Sep 14, 2015#2

I'm not using UEX, just UE for Windows.

But in UE for Windows the path to the wordfiles directory is customizable at Advanced - Configuration - Editor Display - Syntax Highlighting.

So open Preferences dialog in UEX (I think, the menu item is in menu Edit) and navigate in tree to Editor Display - Syntax Highlighting. Is there a directory path displayed for the wordfiles directory?
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Sep 15, 2015#3

Hi!

In Linux I've discovered there are much less configurations and settings from menu... :-(

Anyway my problem has been solved by IDM official support:

The *.uew files should be copied into user account related directory: /home/username/.idm/uex/wordfiles respectively ~/.idm/uex/wordfiles

Copying the *.uew file just into common directory /usr/local/share/uex/wordfiles is not enough.

The official documentation doesn't tell anything about this, I hope IDM will declare so in coming Linux releases.

Thanks anyway for the fast reply.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Sep 19, 2015#4

Hi Ssardo!

Thanks for not just asking, but also posting the solution. That is definitely helpful for other UEX users.

Now I know from your post:

%APPDATA%\IDMComp\UltraEdit is the user account related application data directory of UltraEdit on Windows (on using default INI file location).

~/.idm/uex is the user account related application data directory of UltraEdit on Linux.

%APPDATA%\IDMComp\UltraEdit\wordfiles is the user account related wordfiles directory of UltraEdit on Windows (on using default INI file location and having not customized a different directory as wordfiles directory).

~/.idm/uex/wordfiles is the user account related wordfiles directory of UltraEdit on Linux.

%ProgramFiles(x86)%\IDM Computer Solutions\UltraEdit\wordfiles is the common wordfiles directory of 32-bit UltraEdit on Windows from which Uedit32 copies the *.uew files into the user account related wordfiles directory on start if there is no %APPDATA%\IDMComp\UltraEdit\wordfiles directory with 0 or more *.uew files (on having kept default program files directory for 32-bit UltraEdit on Windows x64 during installation).

/usr/local/share/uex/wordfiles is the common wordfiles directory of UltraEdit on Linux for the root user, and from which UEX copies the *.uew files into the user account related wordfiles directory on start if there is no ~/.idm/uex/wordfiles directory with 0 or more *.uew files for all users except the root user.
          Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Advanced UserAdvanced User

Sep 19, 2015#5

It would be nice if UEx would first look in the home directory: "/home/username/.idm/uex/wordfiles" then if a wordfile isn't found there look in the shared "/usr/local/share/uex/wordfiles" directory.