Blurry text on high DPI displays in UE v22.20.0.2x (fixed)

Blurry text on high DPI displays in UE v22.20.0.2x (fixed)

NewbieNewbie

Sep 16, 2015#1

I'm experiencing what appears to be a regression in UE v22.20: Text appears blurry on high DPI displays (tested on 3K 15" laptop display and 4K 27" display). The text on both displays looked sharp until v22.10. After the upgrade it started to look blurry. Reproducible both on 32 and 64 bit versions.

Any thoughts on what I can do to get text look sharp again? Thanks!

Sep 19, 2015#2

Same here...

Grand MasterGrand Master

Sep 21, 2015#3

I have asked IDM support by email about this issue and here is the response.
        IDM wrote:We are aware of this issue and our developers are investigating this issue. For the time being, we would suggest that users check "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" under Compatibility tab in Properties to resolve.
        Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Sep 23, 2015#4

Mofi,

Where do I find this setting in German UltraEdit?

Grand MasterGrand Master

Sep 23, 2015#5

Disable display scaling on high DPI settings is not a setting of UltraEdit, it is a Windows setting. See last paragraph of Optimize Display Scaling and Fix Scaling Issues on Windows 7 and Microsoft support article Some desktop applications may appear blurred on high-DPI displays.

Right click on shortcut file (UltraEdit.lnk) used to start UltraEdit or uedit32.exe / uedit64.exe and left click on last item in context menu which is Properties (Eigenschaften).

Switch to tab Compatibility (Kompatibilität) and check the appropriate setting.
            disable_display_scaling.png (5.29KiB)
            Compatibility tab on English Windows 7 SP1 x64

Oct 09, 2015#6

There is an update available to UE v22.20.0.34 which should fix this issue. Click in menu Help on Check for Updates for details about fixed issues in this hotfix update.

Don't forget to uncheck the compatibility option Disable display scaling on high DPI settings if currently checked for UltraEdit after downloading and installing UE v22.20.0.34.
              Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Oct 12, 2015#7

I can confirm that the issue is fixed.