Multiselect display issue in UE for Windows v23.00

Multiselect display issue in UE for Windows v23.00

NewbieNewbie

Mar 05, 2016#1

• <Shift> double click a word in text file.
      All instances of the word are correctly highlighted.
    • <Ctrl> click several places in file.
    • Type anything.
    • Highlighting shifts off of originally selected words.
    Not a huge issue. Is there a better place to report?

I'm using UE v23.00.0.43 on Windows 10 x64.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Mar 06, 2016#2

There is an online form on technical support page. But reporting issues by email directly is better, see top of this page and click on email us directly in second paragraph.

I can confirm that with UE v22.20.0.49 on Windows XP and having enabled in configuration:
      • Search - Advanced - Shift+double click highlights all words which match word under cursor
      • Search - Advanced - Use persistent highlight all
      • Editor Display - Cursor/Caret - Enable multi-caret editing
      and executing the described steps, the persistent highlighting of the shift+double clicked word remains even after inserting a string on multiple locations in file.

I can't test same procedure at the moment with UE v23.00.0.43 as not yet available for Windows XP. I can check tomorrow on another machine with Windows 7 with UE v23.00.0.43 installed already if there is indeed a difference in persistent highlighting of double clicked word in this use case.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

MasterMaster

Mar 06, 2016#3

I can confirm this issue with UE 23.00.0.43 x64/Windows 7 SP1, Slate Theme
        It's impossible to lead us astray for we don't care even to choose the way.