remove files from project file list

remove files from project file list

NewbieNewbie

Apr 29, 2016#1

Hi,

I think, in the older releases of UE there was a possibility to delete directories from the view "File View/Project".

Currently, it allows to delete the directory from the file storage, what is not the intention, but simply delete it from the project list.

Under Project/Properties I have a delete button but this does nothing.

Can anyone give me a help how to delete a directory from the project list?
    Regards
    Karl-Heinz

Grand MasterGrand Master

Apr 29, 2016#2

There are 2 methods for hierarchical project files management: the folder and the group method. I have explained the difference in step 4) in my reply on Create project from an existing directory tree?

It is possible to delete a folder/directory of a project from the project list and also from storage media on using the folder method.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

May 01, 2016#3

Hi,

yes, I see.

Anyhow. I thought, but were probably wrong, in the older version there was a option in right click on the folder /directory to delete it from the list (not from the storage).

Could be a useful function.
        Regards
        Karl-Heinz

Grand MasterGrand Master

May 01, 2016#4

It is possible to Remove x Item(s) from Project independent on using folder or group group method.

But only with folder method it is possible to Delete x Item(s) from Disk which means deleting the file or directory on storage media resulting automatically in removing the file(s)/folder(s) also from project list because the project list is dynamically created depending on the filter and project option Include subdirectories.

It looks like you are using the folder method and want to remove files or subdirectories from project list added dynamically to project list according to enabled option Include subdirectories and the filter specification. This is not possible in UE v23.00 nor was it possible in any former version of UE. That would require an additional exclude list stored in the project file. But whether UltraEdit nor UEStudio support 1 or more exclude/ignore lists for a project.

I agree that exclude/ignore lists could be useful for some projects. Please send an enhancement request email to IDM support.
          Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria