Git merge with UltraCompare dollar issue in UES < v16.10

Git merge with UltraCompare dollar issue in UES < v16.10

Basic UserBasic User

Dec 07, 2016#1

When I right click a file (UES 15) and choose git -> Merge with UltraCompare it does not work. Somehow the paths to the files are not translated correctly into command line parameters - see the attached images.

I'm guessing the .bat files were made for non Windows OS.
    I've replaced $ with % in UEStudio\git\uc-difftool.bat and UEStudio\git\uc-mergetool.bat.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Dec 08, 2016#2

In UEStudio < v16.10 the batch file git\uc-difftool.bat in program files directory of UEStudio contains

Code: Select all

uc.exe -lt -t "$1" "$2" -title1 "REMOTE" -title2 "LOCAL"
      and the batch file git\uc-mergetool.bat contains

uc.exe -lt -3 "$1" "$2" "$3" -title1 "REMOTE" -title2 "BASE" -title3 "LOCAL"
      This is right on running the batch files in Git bash environment, but not on running the batch file by Windows command interpreter.

In UEStudio v16.10 and v16.20 the batch file git\uc-difftool.bat in program files directory of UEStudio contains

uc.exe -lt -t "%1" "%2" -title1 "REMOTE" -title2 "LOCAL"
      and the batch file git\uc-mergetool.bat contains

uc.exe -lt -3 "%1" "%2" "%3" -title1 "REMOTE" -title2 "BASE" -title3 "LOCAL"
      That is better, but not 100% right as the file names are passed twice double quoted if passed to the batch file already enclosed in double quotes.

Best would be for git\uc-difftool.bat

uc.exe -lt -t "%~1" "%~2" -title1 "REMOTE" -title2 "LOCAL"
      and for git\uc-mergetool.bat

uc.exe -lt -3 "%~1" "%~2" "%~3" -title1 "REMOTE" -title2 "BASE" -title3 "LOCAL"
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria