Where did the part of the Search dialog window go and why can't I reclaim white space?

Where did the part of the Search dialog window go and why can't I reclaim white space?

Basic UserBasic User

May 22, 2017#1

I am using on Windows 10 Professional:

UltraFinder Professional (x64)
    Version: 17.0.0.10
    Created: Apr 28 2017, 13:53:19

All of sudden my "Search" dialog is cut in size and there is white space that looks like and behaves like it can be recovered to make the "Search" dialog assume that fallow space but it won't. The sizing arrow appears but the white space never goes away. Can some kind soul tell me how to fix this. Thanks. :oops: Not sure if I hit an unfortunate sequence of key strokes and mouse clicks to cause this.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jun 11, 2017#2

It is totally unclear for me what is your problem. The main UltraFinder window looks as follows after installing and first run on my Windows 7 x64 with Windows Classic desktop theme set.

main_window_uf17.png (28.99KiB)
      Main application window of UltraFinder v17.0.0.10

You could open in Windows Explorer the directory %APPDATA%\IDMComp\UltraFinder and rename or delete the file uf.conf_vol containing the window settings.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Apr 26, 2018#3

Thanks Mofi,
        I had the same problem and removing the file worked for me.

NewbieNewbie

Sep 14, 2018#4

I also saw this problem. The solution suggested worked for me also, but there must be some kind of bug there, since I had the top pane filling the screen, and then it didn't!
          Thanks for the help.