Multiple view in UEStudio

Multiple view in UEStudio

NewbieNewbie

Jun 05, 2017#1

I am looking to have multiple views within same instance.

Grouping 2 or + tabs on left side of view and 2+ tabs on right side view.

Power UserPower User

Jun 05, 2017#2

It sounds like you want to split the window vertically to have 2 files shown side by side. This can be done easily by clicking on a file tab and dragging down into the edit window, see power tip Vertical & Horizontal Split Window.

Cheers...

Frank

NewbieNewbie

Jun 06, 2017#3

Thanks for the reply.

No it is not the split nor the vertical or horizontal side by side. What I am looking for is 2 separate instance within the same instance.

the ability to group multiple tabbed files on the left and multiple tabbed files on the right side.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jun 06, 2017#4

Please explain in detail what do you want.

It is possible to split the workspace area to get files displayed side by side (vertical workspace split) or above / below (horizontal workspace split) as Frank have already written, see power tip Vertical & Horizontal Split Window.

It is possible to split the document window of a file horizontally to work in same file on two different positions or always see the header row on viewing/editing a CSV or fixed width file.

It is possible to split the document window of a file vertically to see left always the beginning of the lines and horizontally scroll only right side of the lines which is useful on viewing/editing a text file with very long lines, see power tip Vertically split the edit window.

It is possible to get two files displayed side by side with a synchronized vertical scrolling of both files.

It is possible to duplicate a document window 1 or more times to have 2 or more instances of same file opened in same instance of UEStudio, see for example power tip HTML preview.

And it is of course possible to use multiple instances of UEStudio.

Please provide also information about:
          • version of used UEStudio as shown in Help - About,
          • used GUI mode - ribbon mode (default since v16.00), or toolbar/menu mode with contemporary menus (alternate mode since v16.00, or toolbar/menu mode with traditional menus (second alternate mode since v16.20 and mode used prior v16.00),
          • used file tabs / document window mode - dockable or not dockable file tabs - as shown when right clicking on a file tab and looking on first menu item in submenu File Tabs in opened file tab context menu.
          Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Jun 12, 2017#5

I have built a view of what I need. instead of edit 1 and edit 2, let's assume I opened edit 3 and edit 4, which I can group on the right view, see attached file.

I am using UEStudio version 17.00.0.21, using GUI ribbon and files tab.
            2017-06-12_15-22-59.png (49.6KiB)
            This is a built up view of what I am looking for, if possible.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jun 13, 2017#6

It is possible to split the workspace (the area for the document windows) into two halves and have 1 or more files on a file tab on left side and 1 or more files on a file tab on right side whereby on each side only 1 document window is shown maximized as it can be seen at top of attached image.

It is possible to split the workspace into multiple parts each which is own file tabs bar and with 1 or more files on each workspace part whereby on each workspace part only 1 document window is shown maximized, see middle of attached image.

And with right clicking on any file tab to open its context menu, opening submenu File tabs and left clicking on first item Dockable to toggle from not dockable to dockable file tabs/document windows, it is possible to completely free arrange all the document windows in workspace area with all files having a common file tabs bar, see bottom of attached image. It is possible with Dockable file tabs to hide the file tabs bar completely to get more vertical space as each document window has a title bar showing the file name.

But a workspace splitting plus document window arrangement within each workspace part as you would like is not possible because the Microsoft ribbon framework used by UltraEdit does not support it. It is not possible to split workspace area into two halves each with its files on a file tab and additionally arrange the document windows inside a half of the workspace side by side.
              document_window_arrangements.png (88.73KiB)
              Collage of 3 document window arrangements as possible in UES v17.00.0.21 and UltraEdit v24.00.0.24.
              Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria