MasterMaster

Jul 09, 2017#16

If the "parenthesis" regexes work for you and also same rules are valid for those hex codes then it should be not difficult to rewrite them to a "hexa" variants.

Advanced UserAdvanced User

Jul 11, 2017#17

Hi Fleggy,

The final solutions that you posted are crashing my UEStudio for some reason when I use it in a macro. So I was using your earlier replace combinations given below

Code: Select all

1) Repeat until nothing is replaced.

Find what: (?s)(?<=<(italic)>)(\(((?>(?:(?:(?![()])(?!</?(?!WRK)\b).)++(?:<((?!WRK)[^>]++)>(((?>(?:(?!<\4\b)(?!</\4\b).)++|<\4\b[^>]*+>(?5))*+)</\4>))?)|(?2))*+)\))(?=</\1>)
      Replace with: ~~\3~~

2) Repeat until nothing is replaced.

Find what: (?s)\(((?>(?:(?:(?![()])(?!</?(?!WRK)\b).)++(?:<((?!WRK)[^>]++)>(((?>(?:(?!<\2\b)(?!</\2\b).)++|<\2\b[^>]*+>(?3))*+)</\2>))?)|(?R))*+)\)
      Replace with: ^[^\1^]^

3) Final replacements:

F: (<italic>)(?:\(|~~)
      R: (\1

F: (?:\)|~~)(</italic>)
      R: \1)

F: \^\[\^
      R: (

F: \^\]\^
      R: )
      And it seems to work fine as of now. Can you tell me why you wanted to update these replace sequences?
      Is there a chance that using it might replace something wrong and modify/delete any text?
      I'm a bit hesitant using it. :?
      Thanks in advance. :)

MasterMaster

Jul 11, 2017#18

Hi Don,

it is almost sure that UES crashes because of named backreferences in the replace patterns. I've already sent an error report to IDM. You can try this simple workaround: use the more complex find patterns and change the first and second replace pattern to
        ~~\3~~
        and
        ^[^\2^]^

The reason why I updated these regexes is simple. The updated versions are not influenced by unbalanced parenthesis in nested tags potentially found between <italic> and </italic>.

E.G.
        <italic>(changes <xref ...">(6))</xref> from VB 6)</italic>

BR, Fleggy

Read more posts (-12 remaining)