copy from output window

copy from output window

NewbieNewbie

Aug 19, 2005#1

I have been using TextPad prior to trying UE and one thing I miss in UE is the ability from the output window to highlight a part of the error report and then do a find in files and get the occurances of the string I highlighted. This is very useful if the errors are in the link file or part of a define statement that can't be jumped to directly. I would also like to be able to put the highlighted part in the copy buffer. Is there any way to do this? Thanks.

Advanced UserAdvanced User

Aug 19, 2005#2

I've never used TextPad so I can't compare UEStudio with it. However, there are some things you can do with the output captured in the output window:

(a) if you have an error message, and the text has something which looks like a line number in it, double-clicking the line will usually take you to the place in your source code which generated the error;

(b) you can copy either the selected line or the entire output to the clipboard. Unfortunately, there seems to be no option to copy only part of a line which is selected. But send an e-mail to IDM at [email protected] and propose that as a feature suggestion. I'm sure it must be easy enough to implement.

If you copy the line from output to the clipboard and paste it into a new message, then select just the word(s) you need, you could then do a "find in files" from the "Search" menu.