ctags and php files

ctags and php files

Chris

Aug 28, 2005#1

Hi!

I discovered UEStudio some days ago and it is a great piece of software! I use it for developing php applications and I tried to use the ctags function. I know it has been replaced by the function list but I would like to use the class viewer for my php project which does not only display the functions but also variables and so on. The problem is that the class viewer does not display any item below the categories "functions", "labels" and so on although there are many of them in my project. I checked the tag file created by ctags and this file contains only variables (indicated by "v" at the end of the line). When I create a c++ project, everything works fine. I know that this is most likely a ctags issue but I am sure a lot of people use UEStudio for php projects and maybe I can get some hint how I can solve this problem.

Thank you in advance,
    Chris
    --
    [email protected]

Chris (again)
    Chris (again)

Aug 28, 2005#2

OK, I could not believe that a widely spread program like ctags cannot handle php files correct and after some testing, I discovered that it recognices a function in php by the keyword "function" (not a big surprise), but this is case-sensitive!!!!

For some reasons all php keywords in my files were uppercase and so "FUNCTION" was not recognised. I replaced them in my files and now a part of the class viewer works fine: I can see the functions (and I get intellisense even if the function is defined in another project file or later in the same file). BUT: I still cannot see the variables, although they show up in the tag-file.

And another question: should IntelliSense only show the function name or should it also show the parameters? I see only the function name.

Chris
      --
      c4016 @ aon.at

norm
      norm

Aug 28, 2005#3

Same problem - I can't see PHP variables.