Scrolling problem with tiled windows

Scrolling problem with tiled windows

Aug 24, 2005#1

When I have 2 files open with the windows tiled (horizontally or vertically), most of the time the scroll wheel behavior is messed up. When I scroll with the scroll wheel on my mouse, one file (the top one if tiled horizontally, or the one on the left if tiled vertically) scrolls normally, but the other scrolls horizontally.

It's supremely annoying.

MasterMaster

Aug 25, 2005#2

I can't duplicate that.
      Software For Metalworking
      http://closetolerancesoftware.com

Grand MasterGrand Master

Aug 25, 2005#3

I also can't duplicate it. Check the mouse driver settings for the wheel.
        Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Jan 31, 2006#4

I don't know if this is related, but if I split a window by grabbing the little marker in the top right and dragging it down, the mouse wheel only scrolls the lower half, even if my current selection is in the upper half.

It drives me nuts!

Windows XP pro, latest SP. Dell laptop, MS mouse.

MartinB

Grand MasterGrand Master

Feb 01, 2006#5

martinb wrote:I don't know if this is related, but if I split a window by grabbing the little marker in the top right and dragging it down, the mouse wheel only scrolls the lower half, even if my current selection is in the upper half.
            I can't reproduce this with UltraEdit v11.20b. On my Windows XP Prof. SP2 the mouse wheel scrolls the pane which has the focus (cursor blinks). I have a simple "DELL" mouse with 2 buttons and a wheel with the standard "PS/2 Compatible Mouse" driver.

Have you a special mouse like Microsoft's IntelliMouse which makes problems in many programs?
            I have read many workarounds for this mouse in the history of several programs.

NewbieNewbie

Feb 02, 2006#6

Hmm. I'm away from my desk (and that mouse) for the next week or so, but I've just tried with my travel mouse and you're right; it works fine.

Yes, my desk mouse is Microsoft, probably an intellimouse.

This is not bad news. I hate the feel of that mouse, this will give me an excuse to get it replaced :-)

Thanks for the pointer.

MartinB