Problems with japanese characters

Problems with japanese characters

NewbieNewbie

Aug 27, 2004#1

Hello,

I'm using ultraedit 10.10a and I have an odd issue: I'm editing documents with japanese characters, but they are been displayed rotated 90 degrees, counterclock wise.

How can I fix it?

Thanks

Kalil

Sep 07, 2004#2

Well, I managed to solve my problem.

In fact, the problem was the font I used. Any of those fonts with their names begining with @ are fonts to type in the 'vertical' mode, that is, the characters are rotated 90 degrees counter clock wise.

NewbieNewbie

Sep 12, 2004#3

hello,
        i have a problem with japanese characteres too....i hope someone can help me. my problem is that instead of showing the correct japanese word, it shows some "wrong code", but i have already choose "ms gothic" as the "showing font" and i am using 10.00c.....please help me.
        thank you

NewbieNewbie

Sep 27, 2004#4

Did you select "Japanese" instead of "Western" in the "Script" box in the "Set font..." dialog?

NewbieNewbie

Oct 14, 2004#5

We got japanese text from a translator. Now we want to change some characters. But it is not possible to enter japanese characters. We added support for japanese (win2k/xp). Entering some katakana or hiragana characters shows them only until the next character ( or return, depends on configuration) is entered, then the character is changed to? Entering text works fine in Word! What is wrong in Ultraedit? :(