Key Mapping for "HTML Tidy" command doesn't work

Key Mapping for "HTML Tidy" command doesn't work

Basic UserBasic User

Apr 08, 2006#1

Hello,

I'm using UltraEdit-32 12.00

I'm trying to bound a key to the "HTML Tidy" command, but it doesn't work, i've tried several key combinations, and no one works with this command, if I use the same key combinations with other commands they work fine; i've seen that when you map a key to a command, the mapped key appears next to that command in the menu bars, but that doesn't work either for the "HTML Tidy" command, maybe the problem is the internal identifier of the command mispelled in some place.

Is there anybody with the same problem?

Thanks in advance,

Koko McCracken

Grand MasterGrand Master

Re: Key Mapping for "HTML Tidy" command doesn't work

Apr 09, 2006#2

Have you read the topic below this (your) topic in the HTML Tidy forum?

At configuration txt file -- what is it for? I have described the 2 existing HTML Tidy support methods currently existing in UltraEdit. I also described there that the command FormatHtmlTidy in the key mapping configuration dialog is for the HTML Tidy support with Htmltidy.dll introduced with v8.00 of UE. This HTML Tidy command is not available in the menu.

I think, you want to assign a hotkey for Format - HTML Validation - Run HTML Tidy. Sorry, but this alternate Tidy command is currently (v12.00+3) not available in the key mapping configuration dialog. You have to write a feature request by email to IDM support if you want to assign a hotkey to this Tidy command.

Additional infos on 2007-06-13:
      Since UltraEdit v12.20 and UEStudio v6.10 the key mapping configuration dialog contains the commands FormatHtmlTidy, FormatCSEValidator, FormatHtmlValidatorJobTyp, FormatHtmlValidatorOptions and FormatHtmlValidatorConfiguration for key assignments.

But since then it was not possible anymore to assign a key to the internal command which runs HTML Tidy with Htmltidy.dll. An existing key assignment for this command still worked after an update/upgrade from a previous version when the key was assigned to the command with the internal ID ID_HTMLTIDY as long as not deleted by assigning the hotkey to an other command.

With UltraEdit v13.10 and UEStudio v6.30 it is now again possible to assign a hotkey to command RunHTMLTidy to fast execute HTML Tidy with Htmltidy.dll as I like it.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Basic UserBasic User

Re: Key Mapping for

Apr 10, 2006#3

Hello Mofi,

Thanks for the help, I'd just read the Topics of the posts and I didn't see that you had perfectly explained it already.

What I´m going to do, instead of using htmltidy.dll or tidylib.dll, is to invoke tidy.exe through "Advanced - Tool Configuration...", because that way, I can assign different keys to diferent tools that invoke Tidy with different .cfg files; in the uedit32.ini looks something like this:

Code: Select all

[Tools]
        Tool Cmd0=""C:\Program Files\UltraEdit-32\Tidy\tidy.exe" -m -config indent.cfg "%f""
        Tool Dir0="C:\Program Files\UltraEdit-32\Tidy"
        Tool Menu0="HTML Tidy - Pretty Print"
        Bitmap Path0=""
        Show DOS Window0=0
        Capture0=1
        Capture Mode0=3
        WinProg0=0
        SaveAllFiles0=0
        Save Active File0=1
        Replace Type0=0
        Tool Cmd1=""C:\Program Files\UltraEdit-32\Tidy\tidy.exe" -m -config compact.cfg "%f""
        Tool Dir1="C:\Program Files\UltraEdit-32\Tidy"
        Tool Menu1="HTML Tidy - Web publishing"
        Bitmap Path1=""
        Show DOS Window1=0
        Capture1=1
        Capture Mode1=3
        WinProg1=0
        SaveAllFiles1=0
        Save Active File1=1
        Replace Type1=0
        Koko