UltraEdit for Linux

UltraEdit for Linux

NewbieNewbie

Jul 16, 2004#1

================================================
    NOTE FROM IDM:

As of December 2009, this topic has been locked, as UltraEdit for Linux has now been released! As with all of our products, UEx includes a free trial period, so please download UEx and try it out FREE for 30 days.

If you have any questions or comments about this forum topic, or UltraEdit for Linux, please contact us via email.

Thanks!

- The IDM team
    ================================================

(I love the new look of the website and forums. Very clean and easy to navigate.)

Just wanted to make sure the request for UltraEdit on Linux is prominently featured in the new forums.

I use Kate while on Linux and it just doesn't compare to UltraEdit.  The block modes are very different, no nifty column alignment features, no justification and formatting features.  Oh sure,  you can run UltraEdit on Linux if you use xxx  ( s/xxx/Wine|VMWare|Win4Linx|black magic/), but who wants to do that?

As the ninja newspaper kid in Better Off Dead says, "I want my UltraEdit natively compiled for Linux!"  (... well, he doesn't actually say that but I'm sure it's what he would say if the movie was remade in today's day and age)

This wheel is squeakin' and it wants UltraEdit for Linux

-- Tom

NewbieNewbie

Jul 20, 2004#2

Hi Tom

I fully agree, I hope very much that UltraEdit will be ported on Linux ...

Tom

NewbieNewbie

Jul 23, 2004#3

I'd like to second this motion.

I haven't found any editor for linux that combines BOTH the ease of use and effiency (of me) and huge feature base as UltraEdit.

It's only one of a few programs left that I need at work that are holding me to Windows.

Take it easy,
        Ryan

Basic UserBasic User

Jul 24, 2004#4

U got my vote for linux version too ;)

Advanced UserAdvanced User

Jul 29, 2004#5

Add my vote

NewbieNewbie

Jul 30, 2004#6

And mine... UltraEdit is, pretty much, the only thing keeping my Win2k partition alive.

If UltraEdit was on Linux... bye byte Windows :D

NewbieNewbie

Aug 20, 2004#7

Add my vote! Avid user for 5 years now. UltraEdit is better than sliced bread. :wink:

NewbieNewbie

Aug 23, 2004#8

Add my vote as well... (If its of consequence... I've got a few years of UE reg. user status)

Thanks!
                  ~Dwain

NewbieNewbie

Aug 24, 2004#9

I would love to see Ultraedit brought to Linux (and to the Mac as well!!) - the little usability features, such as being able to double-click on a word and then press F3 to search through the document, or the brilliant global find+replace... everything

tom

NewbieNewbie

Aug 25, 2004#10

I would love to see Ultraedit on Linux too. Nothing that I have tried on Linux comes close to Ultraedit.

NewbieNewbie

Aug 25, 2004#11

rreynolds wrote:I'd like to second this motion.

I haven't found any editor for linux that combines BOTH the ease of use and effiency (of me) and huge feature base as UltraEdit.
                        In regards to features Xemacs is *far* ahead of UE. Alas, when it comes to 'ease of use' it is equally far behind!

/ve

Aug 26, 2004#12

Just to add my vote, I am another Linux user who loves UE and would like to see it on my preferred OS.

NewbieNewbie

Sep 10, 2004#13

Yes! UE for Linux, where do I go to download it? Where to I send the check to pay for it?

What? It's not done yet? Darn! Please let me know as soon as it's available, as I will definitely purchase it.

NewbieNewbie

Sep 11, 2004#14

I hope someone from IDM gives us an honest reply. I just switched my work laptop to Linux. I have Windoze for games...I NEED UltraEdit for work! Please port it! I am a registered user and I will register a linux version if needed. I hope there are enough of us to make it worth IDM's effort.

Sep 20, 2004#15

I can not remember during how many years I've been working with ultraedit, 8-10 years?, from the early versions

one of the things that stop me moving to linux is not having UltraEdit for this OS

when could this be possibe, I don't mind buy it again but it could be great not depend on Bill's stuff

Read more posts (136 remaining)