gann wrote: I know this is a user to user forum, but would still expect IDM to pay some attention to this forum and especially since they just released a new product. Even if this is not a official support channel i really think they should use it like most other software developers do with similar kind of forums. There is often a lot of feedback posted in a forum that will never reach the developers in any other way. I won't repeat myself by sending this info again using another channel, but i'm sure someone will eventually.
I don't think that is a reasonable expectation since they explicitly state the opposite:
Welcome to the IDM Forum. This forum is meant as a user-to-user support mechanism where users can share knowledge and tips for all IDM software.
Since these forums are user-to-user based, IDM does not regularly read or reply to the posts in this forum. For problem reports, suggestions, or feature requests, you must email us directly. Our trained technical support staff answers most inquiries within 30 minutes.
It is very easy to send them an e-mail.
Regardless, it sounds like you're running the current version of UEM. I can confirm a similar issue. If I start typing in an empty file, just type "aslkdfjalksdfj" repeatedly and as fast as can, out to 180 characters, then stop typing, it will take UEM about 4 seconds to catch up with me.
Similar problem when copying a large buffer. I put in a line with 420 characters, did a copy+paste, did Command+A, Command+C, Command+V a few times. After the clipboard had two thousand lines I started getting the beach ball on the paste.
After I'd pasted in about 65 thousand lines, I did a Command+A to select all the text and then pressed the delete key. I got the beach ball for almost a minute and when UEM returned it did not delete the text. I have not been able to duplicate this, though. Every attempt to repeat has worked as expected so I'm not sure what happened here.
This is on a newer Mac Pro with UEM, mail and Firefox running in the foreground. In the typing and pasting cases there was no more than 4% CPU or any significant disk I/O. When I did the delete, the UEM thread went to 100% CPU and disk usage crept up to 14 I/O per second.
Model: MacPro4,1, BootROM MP41.0081.B07, 8 processors, Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 2.26 GHz, 12 GB, SMC 1.39f5
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 120, NVIDIA GeForce GT 120, PCIe, 512 MB
Memory Module: global_name
AirPort: spairport_wireless_card_type_airport_extreme (0x14E4, 0x8E), Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (22.214.171.124.1)
Bluetooth: Version 2.3.8f7, 2 service, 19 devices, 1 incoming serial ports
Network Service: AirPort, AirPort, en2
PCI Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 120, Display, Slot-1
Serial ATA Device: HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GH41N
Serial ATA Device: Hitachi HDE721064SLA360, 596.17 GB
Serial ATA Device: WDC WD5000AAKS-00V1A0, 465.76 GB
USB Device: Keyboard Hub, 0x05ac (Apple Inc.), 0x1006, 0xfa400000
USB Device: Apple Keyboard, 0x05ac (Apple Inc.), 0x0220, 0xfa420000
USB Device: USB Audio CODEC, 0x08bb (Texas Instruments Japan), 0x2902, 0x5d100000
USB Device: Microsoft Trackball Explorer®, 0x045e (Microsoft Corporation), 0x0024, 0x3d100000
USB Device: BRCM2046 Hub, 0x0a5c (Broadcom Corp.), 0x4500, 0x5a100000
USB Device: Bluetooth USB Host Controller, 0x05ac (Apple Inc.), 0x8215, 0x5a110000
USB Device: PTZ-930, 0x056a (WACOM Co., Ltd.), 0x00b2, 0x1a200000
FireWire Device: built-in_hub, Up to 800 Mb/sec