NewbieNewbie

Aug 18, 2011#1

On the right side of my FTP Browser, the files are listed such as:

Code: Select all

BlkSz    Dsorg    Dsname
    400      PO       RLM.SETUP.TXT
    6000     PS       INFO.REPORT
    4000     PS       LOG.LIST
    If I try to FTP the file, I receive an error window that says "An error occurred while retrieving: 400 PO RLM.SETUP.TXT"

If I try to open the file in UltraEdit, I receive a window that says "Invalid data set name 400 PO RLM.SETUP.TXT"

Thanks for any assistance.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Aug 19, 2011#2

Do the filenames really contain spaces? In general this is no good idea.

However, I searched for Invalid data set name in the program files of UltraEdit and could not find it. So I thought that the error message comes from the server itself.

Therefore I searched with Google for "Invalid data set name" and found lots of pages. Most of them contain also the keyword MVS. I don't know anything about MVS as used on System/370 and System/390 IBM mainframe computers and therefore can't help further.

It might help to change the Server Type from Auto to the right one needed on Server tab of the FTP Account dialog for this account. But I don't know which one is the right one. If you don't know, try one of the other.

Power UserPower User

Aug 19, 2011#3

400 PO RLM.SETUP.TXT indicates that it is a partitioned dataset, which means it contains multiple members, like a directory on Windows does. You will need to see the member list so as to retrieve the actual members you want to FTP down. You may also have to fully qualify the dataset name i.e. enclose the name in single quotes to ensure that the name is correct as far as MVS is concerned.

Cheers...

Frank

NewbieNewbie

Aug 19, 2011#4

Mofi wrote:It might help to change the Server Type from Auto to the right one needed on Server tab of the FTP Account dialog for this account. But I don't know which one is the right one. If you don't know, try one of the other.
          Changing the Server Type to MVS did the trick. Thanks!!